We did it! We made it to the end. Thank you for a great year!
As you finish grades, clean up classrooms, and wind down, let me encourage you to spend some time reflecting on the year. Even though we’re tired, it’s good to write things down while they’re top-of-mind.
- What was the best lesson you taught this year? What made it great? Write it down.
- What lesson didn’t go as planned? What happened? Write it down.
- What classroom rule or procedure do you wish you had implemented at the beginning of the year? Write it down.
- What creative “next year, I want to…” ideas did you have? Write them down.
- What are your goals for next year? Write them down.
I have a working list of improvements for next year, and I’m excited about seeing how many of those ideas I can implement to make next year better.
My notes from yesterday’s meetings are also going to be really helpful as we plan next year.
And now, I have more favor to ask you— please give me some principal-directed feedback below. I’ve used the same survey for the past three years, and I’m looking forward to getting your feedback to compare to previous years, to identify areas of improvement, and to consider new ways to make CAC better.