Friday Thoughts: Did We Do Enough?
Coach Sullivan crushed it yesterday, and senior chapel is in the books. We’ll honor our graduates on Sunday at 2:00, and they’ll move on to the next stage in their lives.It was a great run and this week marks the closure of another school year.
As I think about our graduates leaving, I wonder, “Did we do enough?” It’s hard to even define what enough really means.
- Did we care enough? (Is it possible to care enough?)
- Did we challenge them enough? (How do you challenge someone enough?)
- Did we listen enough? (Can someone listen enough?)
- Did we help enough? (What does enough help look like?)
- Did we encourage enough? (Is there such a thing as enough encouragement?)
As educators, our years are cyclical. Each year we have a difference class of students, a new group of seniors, and a fresh start. Throughout a school year we get to think, “Next year, I want to…” because we know we’ll have another chance.
I hope we did enough for our students this year. I also hope we do more next year (whatever that even means!).