Friday Thoughts: 10 Reasons I’m Proud of CAC
Note: I shared this list last year, but it’s been on my mind the past week, so I thought I’d share it again. I hope that’s OK!
As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, it dawned on me that as educators, we’ve been trained to identify problems— which in reality, means we spend much of our time focusing on the negative in order to create something positive. Todd Whitaker points out, “Sometimes we get so involved in ‘fixing’ that we forget to revel in what is working.”
Even though it’s easy to do, we can’t fall into that trap! CAC is a great school with so many things to be proud of, so I jotted down a list of 10 reasons I’m proud of our school.
10 Reasons I’m Proud of CAC
1. Mustang Missions and its impact on our students and our community.
2. Having daily morning prayer and daily morning chapel.
3. We have great kids with good hearts.
4. We have actively supportive parents— many serve and pray for our school on a daily basis.
5. We have a common faith among our faculty and staff.
6. We have a positive, caring environment. Our students and faculty genuinely want the best for each other.
7. We are a community who wants the best for each other.
8. We work hard to meet the needs of our diverse students.
9. We provide various extra-curricular activities for our students to help them discover their strengths.
10. We have a rich history that I’m proud to be woven into.
Despite our training and desire to identify problems in order to find solutions, I want to encourage you to think about the reasons you’re proud of our school. The more you focus on what’s good, the more good you will see.