Anticipating Homecoming Week
Just in case you didn’t know, next week is Homecoming week and we have a few things planned:
- Themed dress-up days each day
- Chapel games
- PSAT testing on Wednesday (Sophomores & Juniors)
- End of Grading Period/Early Dismissal on Wednesday
- Report Cards Finalized Thursday
- The Math Show performance on Thursday
- Channel 7 Daybreak broadcasting live Friday morning from Mustang Mountain
- Pep Rally Schedule Friday involving STUCO, our homecoming court, cheer, band, the drumline, and the football team
- Football Game and Homecoming Court Presentation
Even though it’s going to be a jam-packed week, Homecoming week isn’t a week of lost instruction— in fact, the events planned only reinforce what we’re striving to teach each and every day in our classrooms.
Homecoming week is a time for our students to collaborate with each other, strengthen friendships, and build community. It’s a time for creativity, risk-taking, and leadership.
We’ll still have daily classes with notes and quizzes and tests and projects— it’s just going to be a little bit different from the previous nine weeks of school.
As we discussed in our PLCs and faculty meeting, next week will be one of the peak moments for the year. What will you do to make it remarkable?