Friday Thoughts: Student Council Panel
The 5th & 6th Grade Great Adventure was pretty awesome on Wednesday. I loved having the upcoming Mustang-Mountaineers on campus, and they were so excited to be here! Our student council representatives were great hosts, tour leaders, and ambassadors for our school. It was a proud day for our campus.
During one of our sessions that morning, we had a panel discussion with our junior and senior student council representatives. I asked a few questions and then we opened it up to questions from our guests— and those questions certainly didn’t disappoint!
One of my favorite questions asked was “What is your favorite thing about your teachers here on Mustang Mountain?” I wish I had copied the responses word-for-word, but I’ll have to paraphrase their answers:
- Our teachers care about us academically, but more importantly, they care about us spiritually. Teachers often ask us about our spiritual walk and offer to help us if needed.
- Our teachers love us. I know that because they tell us often and show it by their actions.
- Teachers are willing to come early or stay late to meet with us if we have any questions or need help. They go the extra mile.
- Teachers serve alongside us with Mustang Missions. During ACCESS Gators and the Day of Service, teachers led groups and worked with us to serve others.
- Our teachers pray for us and want the best for us. They challenge us, but they do it because they love us.
These are just a snapshot of our students’ responses. Over and over their responses included comments about having teachers who care, having quality friendships, having a family atmosphere, and having multiple service opportunities. It was great to hear, and I wish every one of you could have heard what our students had to say about this school. Next year, I hope I remember to record it.